Our 11 Plus tuition programme is designed to build confidence towards the exams and to help children get to grips with the various question types they will meet.
Although some grammar schools set their own papers, the majority of schools follow either all or part of the syllabus set by the two main providers of 11+ examinations: CEM (Durham University) or GL Assessments.
We can help your child as they work towards any of the 11+ Grammar Examinations.
11 Plus Steps to Success
- Let us know which schools you are interested in, from there we can help you determine which examinations your child needs to work towards.
- Your child will need to take an assessment. We may look at mathematics, English, verbal and non-verbal reasoning depending on the examinations your child is sitting.
- The results are entered into our computer system ‘Action’ and an individual programme of work is set – we know where your child needs immediate help and we know what is expected if they are going to study for the eleven plus examinations. So, the lessons are a combination of revision, current learning and pushing them on with the eleven plus syllabus.
- Weekly lessons are booked either at one of our locations or online with a tutor.
- Lessons are booked for either 1, 1.5 or 2 hours a week
- Regular re-testing and revision ensures topics are consolidated