When your child joins our Pre 11 plus tuition programme they will be laying the foundations they need for their 11+ journey.
Although some grammar schools set their own papers, the majority of schools follow either all or part of the syllabus set by the two main providers of 11+ examinations: CEM (Durham University) or GL Assessments.
The Extra Tuition Centre can help your child as they work towards any of the 11+ Grammar Examinations.
Pre 11 Plus (Year 4) Steps to Success
- Let us know which schools you are interested in, from there we can help you determine which examinations your child needs to work towards.
- Your child will need to take some online tests. We may look at mathematics, English, verbal and non-verbal reasoning depending on the examinations your child is sitting.
- The results are entered into our computer system ‘Action’ and an individual programme of work is set – we know where your child needs immediate help and we know what is expected if they are going to study for the eleven plus examinations. So, the lessons are a combination of revision, current learning and pushing them on with the eleven plus syllabus.
- Weekly lessons are booked either at one of our locations or online with a tutor.
- Lessons are booked for either 1, 1.5 or 2 hours a week
- Regular re-testing and revision ensures topics are consolidated